Gregory HardinSenior Security Consultant
Mr. Hardin, one of N&ST’s Senior Security consultants, has over a decade of experience in IT infrastructure management, application/database development, network management, and over 7 years of CIP audit and program development.
Mr. Hardin has led and participated in the following types of projects:
- NERC CIP Cyber Security Policy Development
- NERC CIP Compliance Assessment
- RSAW Review
- Vulnerability Assessments
- Network Architecture and Design
- NERC CIP Compliance Procedure Development and Program Oversight
- Compliance Audit Preparation and direct entity support during RE audits
- RE Enforcement Support
- RE Audit Support
- Entity audit support in the following regions: NPCC, RF, SERC
Prior to joining N&ST in 2014, Mr. Hardin was an auditor and network engineer for SERC Reliability Corporation, a nonprofit corporation responsible for promoting and improving the reliability, adequacy, and critical infrastructure protection of the bulk power system in all or portions of 16 southeastern and central states. During his employment with SERC, Mr. Hardin served as a moderator and team member during spot checks and audits of compliance with NERC Reliability Standards in the SERC region. He served as a resource to the SERC compliance staff in the area of Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) and served as data custodian for the Protected Entity Information (PEI) program. In addition to CIP audit responsibilities, Mr. Hardin provided network and application support for the SERC corporate network. Prior to SERC, Mr. Hardin served as a Support Engineer (Alchemy Solutions), an IT Director (VGE), and is a veteran of 11 years of service with the Air Force and North Carolina Air National Guard.
Mr. Hardin is working towards a M.S. in Cybersecurity and Information Assurance from Western Governors University. Has obtained a B.S.B.A. Management Information Systems from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Additionally, Mr. Hardin has an A.A.S in Information Systems Technology and an A.A.S. in Business Administration from the Community College of the Air Force.
Mr. Hardin holds the following information technology certifications:
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Hacker Forensic Investigator (CHFI)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)